The traditional online access control system is where every door opening is hardwired to the network. This system provide real time updates on user codes, schedules, audit trails, door positions and lockdowns to every lock and access opening.
Online system are for the exterior, main entrances and high-security locations in the building because they provide the most security and updates for monitoring immediately.
|Key Features & Functions||Online|
|User Quantity||Medium to High|
|User Updates||Real Time|
|Audit Trails||Real Time|
|Door Position Sensors||Yes|
|Buttons / Key Pad||x|
Online System Pro’s
- Hardwired – Most reliable connection.
- All the features and functions.
- User access, schedules and audit trails are real time.
- Allow door position sensor monitoring.
- Allow Lockdowns. For examples, during school emergencies.
Online System Con’s
- Some locations are difficult to hard wire.
- Most expensive system type to install on the spectrum.
If you would like a technical consultation to verify if the online access control system or another access control system
is the right fit solution please: